At Tandem, we want your organization to have one online school calendar for ALL events. To accomplish this goal, there is a little known feature of the Tandem calendar that allows you to post your organization’s menu to your favorite online school calendar. To do this, follow these simple instructions:
1. Select the Menu Tab
2. Select “Add” from Menu view.
3. Enter the necessary information. If you do not have any menu types yet, enter them now.
Now, your menu is available and ready to be enjoyed!
With so many different kinds of “groups”, it may be tough to keep them straight. Our goal is to give you the most flexibility, multiple levels of privacy, and full customization to make your calendar match your unique circumstances. Here are the differences between the various groups that you may encounter:
User Viewing Groups: Determines who an event is visible to. If you want to add an event for only Principals to see, then create a User Viewing Group called “Principals” and place those Principals into that group. When they sign in, only they will be able to see those events. Examples: ‘Everyone’, ‘Private’ users, or a more specific group of people such as ‘Principals’.
Primary Groups: Determines who can edit events once they are on the calendar. If an event is added to the calendar by someone in the ‘ABC High School Calendar Management’ group, the event is now owned by that Primary Group. Only other users in that same primary group with calendar operator permissions are able to edit that event.
Permission Groups: These are assigned to users that need access to specific areas of the calendar, such as the ability to add events to the calendar or edit the list of facilities in your database.
Groups: These are the people (clubs, organizations, teams, etc.) that will be attending or participating in events. Remember, users track groups that they are involved in or interested in, in order to receive email/text message notifications and updates for events.
We love to hear from our customers about how we can improve Tandem and have recently spent some time implementing the requested changes. Here are just a few features that we have recently added to your favorite school event calendar:
1. Copied events can now be marked as tentative or cancelled
2. The day of the week can now be added to event details (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, etc…)
3. An “Event Status” column has been added to indicate either “Active”, “Cancelled”, or “Tentative”. This applies to imported events as well
4. Spell check has been added to the description and notes fields
5. Increase the speed of calendars with a lot of event action history
6. The drop down box for selecting an event time now appears above the textbox instead of below for certain fields
Thank you to everyone for submitting requests!