No blog posts since January?
What happens when a technology company goes silent for a few months? A lot can happen. Some good, some not so good.
So, what’s happening here at Tandem? A lot.
Over the past year, our team at Tandem has taken a really hard look at what the world of schools, school districts and universities need when it comes to a scheduling application. We’ve proactively reached out to over 1000 schools to find out what’s working, what’s not working and what they need next from Tandem.
And then, we got to work.
The long haul is almost over. We have some awesome announcements, features and updates to send your way soon.
We congratulate every school and university on the close of another year. Just know that when the next year starts in Sept, you are going to love Tandem that much more.
More updates soon!
Here is a quick overview of where your new features in Tandem are now located with the new UI. We hope that you find that these improvements are beneficial.
We have added new features to your favorite online school calendar again! This time we made two significant upgrades that allow users to take advantage of more recent technology.
-Twitter: You can now post a tweet about new and changed events to your twitter account straight from your school calendar. You can also sign in to Twitter with your Twitter login if you are already signed into Twitter.
-QR codes: You can now print a PDF document containing QR codes for specific groups and facilities that will allow smartphone users to automatically sync events with their personal calendar.
-Ability to disable/remove: Schools, Schedules, Photos, News, and Yearly Calendars
-Batch invoicing for Facility Rentals
-Better “Edit Recurrence” wizard for Event and Facility Rentals
We love to hear from our customers about how we can improve Tandem and have recently spent some time implementing the requested changes. Here are just a few features that we have recently added to your favorite school event calendar:
1. Copied events can now be marked as tentative or cancelled
2. The day of the week can now be added to event details (i.e. Monday, Tuesday, etc…)
3. An “Event Status” column has been added to indicate either “Active”, “Cancelled”, or “Tentative”. This applies to imported events as well
4. Spell check has been added to the description and notes fields
5. Increase the speed of calendars with a lot of event action history
6. The drop down box for selecting an event time now appears above the textbox instead of below for certain fields
Thank you to everyone for submitting requests!